I use LyX 2.2.1 (currently) on Windows 10.

I have a rather long document (some 600 pages, with 9 chapters + several
appendices), and want to number Exercises, Problems, Examples, Theorems, etc.
*independently* and numbered *by the chapter* (or appendix) they appear in.
Thus, exercises in chapter 6 should be numbered Exercise 6.1, Exercise 6.2,
etc., while examples in chapter 6 should be numbered Example 6.1, Example 6.2,
etc.

Currently, this doesn’t work. My set-up is:

·         Document class: Book (Standard Class)

·         Modules: Theorems (AMS, Numbered by Type)

What else do I need to set?

Thanks,
BL