I've recently noticed an odd behavior of TODO Notes in LyX 2.2.2. I enabled
the fancyline option, and I saw I was getting two lines. Upon further
debugging (using author= and size=\tiny), I can prove that it's actually
generating two TODO notes at the same place. Here's a screen grab:

[image: Inline image 1]
I'm attaching the minimal example (used in LyX 2.2.2 under Windows 10). I
updated my MikTeX yesterday to see if it would go away, but no luck. It's
reproducible on BOTH my Windows 10 machines with LyX.

I searched for todonotes modules (as I used it before prior to LyX 2.2
before it was part of the distribution), but I couldn't find anything in my
LyX path directories that looked like a duplicate. I'm not sure how this is
happening.

When I paste the LaTeX source from LyX (pasted below) into a TeXstudio
document, it works perfectly, so I don't think it's my TeX installation.

% Preview source code

%% LyX 2.2.2 created this file. For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.

%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.

\documentclass[english]{article}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

\usepackage{todonotes}

\usepackage{babel}

\begin{document}

This is \todo[fancyline,size=\tiny,author=Me]{Here's a long comment that
wraps around in the margin}a

test

\end{document}