On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 10:07:15AM +0800, subaochen wrote:
> hi,
>

> With LyX 2.2.3,it seemed that minipage can not show the correct alignment in
> edit mode. For example, there are two minipage, one is 30% linewidth, one is
> 70% linewidth, then in edit mode, the two minipages are seperated into two
> line( should be in one line).  Generated PDF file is ok. If one is 69%
> linewidth, another is 30% linewidth, edit preview and PDF are all ok.   I
> have attached a small test file, please check it out.

Thanks for the report and especially for the example file, subaochen. If
you look at the LaTeX log, you will see overfull hbox messages.
Alternatively, add the option "draft" to class options in Document >
Settings, and compile and you will see that there is a black line where
there were overfull hbox messages.

What this means is that LaTeX is saying the width is larger than the
text width. Thus, I'm not convinced that LyX should actually show the
two minipages on the same line.

This is a topic I know little about. All I'm saying is "I'm not
convinced". I'm not saying with any confidence that LyX currently does
the write thing. Hopefully someone with better knowledge knows better.

Scott