Am 06.09.2017 um 01:25 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
I have not seen many bugs that have been reported regarding 2.3.0beta1.
I would like to know whether this means that 2.3.0beta1 can be
considered stable, which is what I believe, or whether it is just that
not many people have tested it and that is why there have not been many
bug reports.

If you've tested, it would be useful if you just respond with e.g. "yes
I briefly tested and didn't find any issues".

If you're interested in testing, please back up all of your files.

One useful way to test is to compile your current .lyx files. If you get
a LaTeX error where with a previous .lyx file you did not, then that
could be a bug.

Thanks,

Scott
I use lyx-2.3.1beta-1 under Debian Jessie. I had no problems with it so far. I was advised to start it with src/lyx -dbg info, which I do in this way
~/lyx-2.3.1beta-1$ src/lyx -dbg info
Does it mean, that in case of a problem the infos would be written into the file info and that this file will be in the folder ~/lyx-2.3.1beta-1? So far there was no such file created.
Wolfgang