On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 05:20:42PM +0000, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   The 'Additional' manual, in Section 7.1 reads, "If you have the chktex
> program installed you'll find in the Tools menu the entry: Check TeX.'
>
>   Here, with TeXLive-20170520 I find:
>
> $ locate chktex
> /usr/bin/chktex
> /usr/man/man1/chktex.1.gz
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/chktex
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/chktex/chktexrc
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/chktex
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/chktex/deweb.pl
> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/chktex/chkweb.sh
>
>   Yet it's not found in the lyx-2.2.3 Tools menu. Please suggest how I can
> add it to lyx.

What does your configure log show for chktex? It should show something
like:

INFO: checking for ChkTeX...
INFO: +checking for "chktex"...

followed by a "yes" or a "no".

If it is a "yes", can you see if it shows up in a very simple document
(no modules added or anything like that)?

If it doesn't show up there, what is the output in the messages pane of
running the following LFUN directly?

    buffer-chktex

Scott