On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 01:06:46AM +0000, Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan wrote:
> Is there a way of telling LyX to continue an export process without pausing
> to query me as to whether I wish it to continue?
>
> Occasionally, I want to convert a paper to OpenDocument format.  The process
> takes rather a long time.  I'd like to go away from it, so that I can be
> productive in some other way.  But LyX repeatedly posts a dialog that cries
> ‘The command / mk4ht oolatex "<filename>.tex" / has not yet completed. / /
> Do you want to stop it?’ So that I'm forced to babysit it.

You do not need to babysit it. Actually the process should keep going
even if you don't click a button.

> On the one hand, I quite understand why a query is made.  On the other hand,
> I don't understand why a “Just Do It!” option or a user-set timer doesn't
> seem available, as there are various ways within most or all OSs to
> terminate processes.

Note that by LyX 2.4.0 we will have a feature where you can cancel the
process inside LyX by going to Document > Cancel Background Process. I
wonder if with this feature we will increase the timer lenght.

Scott