On 02/16/2018 07:37 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 03:19:38AM +0000, Mc Kiernan Daniel Kian wrote:
On 02/16/2018 05:53 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

You do not need to babysit it. Actually the process should keep going
even if you don't click a button.

Perhaps you're correct, but the process seems to stop, based upon the
reported actions in the lower left-hand field.

Agreed. I did not mean to say that LyX's behavior is ideal. I just
wanted to let you know you did not need to babysit.

Okay, so basically just ill-considered use of a modal dialog box, the modality of which is just within the interface. Thank you for that information!

(Jef Raskin could be a twerp, but his book The Humane Interface is still worth reading.)