On 19/02/18 07:55, F M Salter wrote:
> Hi
>
>     When plain text is used as output, emphasised text loses emphasis.
>
>     Is there any way by which text output may be specified with utf-8
> encoding?   Emphasis could then be maintained.
>
> Regards
>
> Frank Salter

    To explain in more detail.    LyX uses utf-8.   utf-8 is standard on
most operating systems.

    RTF is obsolescent and is not a text file.

    If I insert utf-8 italic characters into a LyX file, the plain text
output contains italic characters.

    I wanted to know if there was a LyX method which would produce
italic utf-8 characters from emphasised text.

    If not, this would become a feature request.

Regards
Frank Salter