On 04/03/2018 12:38 PM, Niklas Huldén wrote:
Den 03-04-2018 kl. 18:51, skrev Paul A. Rubin:
On 04/03/2018 10:55 AM, Niklas Huldén wrote:
Hello all!

I am testing LyX 2.3.0 on windows 10 with MikTex 2.9. I have some old tables with footnotes inside them which used to line up fine with the table using the "minipage trick" putting the table in a minipage (whitout the caption). In LyX 2.3.0 this results in the footnote becoming an ordinary footnote, which makes it hard to keep tables and footnotes on the same page. But I understand this is a feature now. Is there any way to "emulate" the old behavior? I include a MWF and two screenshots.

Thanks and all the best!
Niklas
You could add \renewcommand{\tablefootnote}{\footnote} to the document preamble. (If you do this a lot, you might want to cobble together a module for it.)

Paul

Thank you Paul! This works fine and takes me out of immediate danger zone. I guess a module would be a good idea in the long run.

A somewhat linked issue is that I get an error message if I use the rotate package in a LyX file that uses tablefootnotes: "Package tablefootnote Error: Package rotating loaded after tablefootnote."

Hard to find a place to load rotate before the tablefootnote though.

Many thanks again!

Niklas

Niklas,

I've attached a module. Try putting it in your local layouts folder (~/.lyx/layouts on most Linux systems), then reconfigure LyX, add it to your document (and do /not/ add the \renewcommand line in the preamble), then see if you get the desired results (including using the rotate package).

Cheers,
Paul

#\DeclareLyXModule{No Table Notes}
#DescriptionBegin
# Avoids use of the tablenotes package and converts forces footnotes in tables
# to use the standard \footnote command (requiring that the table be in a
minipage).
#DescriptionEnd
#
# Author: Paul Rubin <ru...@msu.edu>