Well, Yes. I am guessing that the issues I am facing can  be partially solved
by this enhancement.

I would have one recommendations tough: A child document should be given the
chance of using the options provided in the native document, when compiled only
by itself.

For example, for the purpose of compiling one child document only, the user may
be given two options:

  1.  The option of “Getting the properties from a Master Document”
  2.  The option of using native documents properties, which can be modified
from within child document.

The native document properties can initially set to the master document
properties and the user can change them as he/she works on the document.

When compiling the master document, of course the child documents will be
compiled with the master document properties as in the current case.

This enhancement will be really useful as in the current format it is very
difficult to change things if they are not set up at the very beginning. Or if
you want to switch to another class later.

For example, I am working on a long term book project (may be 5-10 years) and I
have started with the standard book class. I will decide on the final book
class later, after I complete most of the material. In the mean time, I want to
try the available classes as testing and arrangement. In this case, It would be
really useful to have this enhancement.

Thanks for the heads up.

Baris