Hi,
I'm re-sending my last message as it appears I accidentally didn't send it
to the list. I've also added the lyx-devel, as it seems to be more
appropriate.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 17:22, Guy Rutenberg <guyrutenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 11:05, Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> However, this is with an English, German, etc. keyboard layout. This
>> changes if I switch to the Hebrew keyboard layout. But then the Hebrew
>> keyboard layout seems to have parenthesis switched relative to the
>> English:
>>

> I'm referring to the case of using Hebrew keyboard layout.
>

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_keyboard#/media/File:Hebrew_keyboard_layout.png
>>

> I don't know how made that diagram, but I'm pretty sure that he didn't use
> an actual Hebrew keyboard. I have around seven different keyboards around
> me right now from different manufacturers, non have this weird things with
> reversed parenthesis. Even the actual keyboard photo in the Wiki article
> shows the parenthesis to be normal and not reversed as in the diagram.
>

>> So, if you are using a Hebrew keyboard layout, then LyX seems to behave
>> correctly. But in that case I am wondering why other applications don't
>> behave that way for you.
>

> Because LyX behavior is unexpected to the normal user.
>
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 13:11, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
>

>> Please comment here:
>> https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11191
>>
>> We generally need to audit LyX's behavior with bracket/parens input in
>> RTL, but we urgently need input from experienced users.
>>

> I've added a new comment there as well. I'll gladly help to fix this issue
> if someone can point me in the right direction.

I've looked again at the bug and the patch linked there. It seems that the
code handling parenthesis had been moved to somewhere else. Where does it
resides now? I want to try and patch it so it won't reverse parenthesis in
hebrew.

Thanks,
Guy