Dear Riki,

I have positioned the conflict in cls file:

\RequirePackage{pifont,latexsym,ifthen,theorem,rotating,calc}

\theorembodyfont{\itshape}

\theoremheaderfont{\normalfont\bfseries}

\setlength{\theorempreskipamount}{6pt plus 2pt}

\setlength{\theorempostskipamount}{6pt plus 2pt}

\begingroup \makeatletter

\gdef\th@plain{\normalfont\itshape

  \def\@begintheorem##1##2{%

       \item[\hskip\labelsep \theorem@headerfont ##1\ {##2.}]}%

\def\@opargbegintheorem##1##2##3{%

\item[\hskip\labelsep \theorem@headerfont ##1\ ##2\ (##3)]}}

\endgroup

After I comment them and moved them to the layout, the layout cannot be
recognized after restart the LyX. There are more errors now.  And there is
nothing in the preamble except

% rncdoc.tex V1.0, 11 November 2002

%\usepackage[dvips,colorlinks,bookmarksopen,bookmarksnumbered,citecolor=red,urlcolor=red]{hyperref}

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

KC Cao