On 11/1/18 1:07 PM, caoke...@gmail.com wrote:

> Dear Riki,
>
> I have positioned the conflict in cls file:
>
> \RequirePackage{pifont,latexsym,ifthen,theorem,rotating,calc}
>
> \theorembodyfont{\itshape}
>
> \theoremheaderfont{\normalfont\bfseries}
>
> \setlength{\theorempreskipamount}{6pt plus 2pt}
>
> \setlength{\theorempostskipamount}{6pt plus 2pt}
>

> \begingroup \makeatletter
>
> \gdef\th@plain{\normalfont\itshape
>
>   \def\@begintheorem##1##2{%
>
>        \item[\hskip\labelsep \theorem@headerfont ##1\ {##2.}]}%
>
> \def\@opargbegintheorem##1##2##3{%
>
> \item[\hskip\labelsep \theorem@headerfont ##1\ ##2\ (##3)]}}
>
> \endgroup
>

> After I comment them and moved them to the layout, the layout cannot
> be recognized after restart the LyX. There are more errors now.  And
> there is nothing in the preamble except
>

> % rncdoc.tex V1.0, 11 November 2002
>
> %\usepackage[dvips,colorlinks,bookmarksopen,bookmarksnumbered,citecolor=red,urlcolor=red]{hyperref}
>

> Thank you so much.

Yes, that is the offending code, since it imports the theorem
environment. But that's not what I said to do. You need to do the following:

(1) Stop using the theorems module.

(2) Instead of using the theorems module, copy all the code from
theorems-std.inc, theorems-proof.inc, and theorems-proof-std.inc (the
theorems module just imports these) over to your layout file for mcauth.
BUT, when you do that, comment out sections that look like this:

        Preamble
                \theoremstyle{plain}
                \newtheorem{thm}{\protect\theoremname}
        EndPreamble
        LangPreamble
                \providecommand{\theoremname}{_(Theorem)}
        EndLangPreamble
        BabelPreamble

\addto\captions$$lang{\renewcommand{\theoremname}{_(Theorem)}}
        EndBabelPreamble

Better to comment them out. Then, if you happen to have used some type
of theorem environment that is not already defined in mcauth, you can
uncomment that one.

Note that you should only copy the stuff AFTER the format tag.

Riki