Le mercredi 26 décembre 2018 à 16:28 +0000, Baris Erkus a écrit :
> On 12/26/2018 5:30 PM, Daniel CLEMENT wrote:

> > > Did it for LyX 2.3.2 + MikTeX + Win10.
> > >
> > > Attached are
> > >
> > >       * a MWE
> > >       * PDF generated by LuaTeX with A4 setting
> > >       * PDF generated by LuaTeX with Letter setting
> > >
> > > Seems like it LyX 2.3.2 setting is working fine in Windows and MikTeX
> > > for both A4 and letter.
> > >
> > > p.s. I used "showframe" package to show the boundaries.
> > >
> > Now here is something funny: your example did work here indeed.
> >
> > After some hair scratching, I decided that the only difference with mine
> > was the showframe package.
> >
> > So I suppressed it, and I was instantly back to US letter, portrait
> > format! Have you tested your example without the showframe package?
> >

> I suppressed the showframe package. Set the page size to A4. Export to
> PDF through LuaTeX. Paper size of the resulting PDF is still A4.
>
> See also attached image of MikTeX setting  for default page size.

Thank you for the screenshot.

>  There may be a similar setting of your TeX system

Well there is a similar utility for TeXlive, it's tlmgr and I hardly
know it so I'm reluctant to use it.

> or as you have mentioned, there may be Lua-specific setting that
> should be passed from LyX to to the Lua compiler. Only after you
> identify such setting, it may be specified in the "File Handling"
> section of LyX preferences.. Again, this is only a "guess".

Now I made an opposite test on my old system (w/ LyX 2.1.2 and TL 2014):
in a document which uses LuaTeX, I chose portrait orientation in LyX and
the output was correctly oriented.

So, some change in LyX and/or LuaTeX (under Linux) now prevents the
choices made within LyX from being passed correctly to LuaTeX, whereas
it worked before. Fortunately I found a workaround.
--
Daniel CLEMENT