> I think the use of multiple overprint environments is part of the

> problem, but I also think the use of overprint is incompatible with

> having some text on slide 3 onward and some on just slide 3. The Beamer

> manual says this in the description of overprint environments:

> > The overlay specifications of the \onslide commands must be disjoint.

> Yours are not disjoint. The attached version uses overlayarea rather

> than overprint. See if it does what you want.

> Paul

It does after I made a slight correction.  Notice that in your file the
overlays are actually outside the overlayarea.  You can see it clearly if
you export to LaTeX.

I you then include the onlyenvs inside the overlayarea (see attached), then
the result conforms what I was expecting. The difference between the two
cases is that in the first case, the baseline of the permanent text is
moved upwards as more lines are added to the frame, whereas in the second
case (all onlyenvs inside the overlayarea) the baseline is fixed.  This is
what I wanted.

Thanks for the tip.  I did not try with overlayarea because I was not sure
about the overlay height.  But it seems that setting a total height of 0cm
does the trick.

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Departamento de Física