Le 13/07/2019 à 21:05, Brian Davis a écrit :
I tried again to get it to work on my advisors computer this Wednesday and failed with same error as I am now seeing on my other two laptops, though with varying degrees.

So uhhh yeah you could say I am in a hurry for my thesis at least so I can start revisions with my Advisor.

Could LyX be reporting Unavailable when in reality the cls and deps are there?  Is this a bug in LyX?

I do not know, do you have a particular setup? This stuff has been working for some time. LyX does not check by itself that the files are there, it asks LaTeX whether they can be found. So you may be seeing a MikTex issue.

You could try to install texlive instead of MikTex, as is officially advised these days. Texlive does not have the 'interesting' auto update feature that makes life with MikTex more 'lively'.

Good luck,
JMarc