On 7/26/19 2:14 PM, Marius Shekow wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed that the recent Lyx versions (2.3.x) generate a PDF that is
of "US Letter" size, even though I've explicitly set up A4 in the
document settings (Page Layout -> Format). This happens once I enable
Hyperref support in the document settings.

As suggested in
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/356545/why-does-the-hyperref-package-change-the-paper-size
it seems that adding "a4paper" as custom option to the documentclass
seems to work. This is extreme expert knowledge that you should not
expect your users to have. When a normal/novice user sets up A4, then
the generated PDF should be A4 (and the same goes for any other page
format).

Is this something that you could fix?

Best regards!
Marius

I'm unable to reproduce that here. I switched a document from US Letter to A4 in the page layout settings, turned on hyperref in the PDF settings, viewed the document (using pdflatex), and the resulting file was A4 (confirmed by checking File > Properties in the PDF viewer). I also tried A2, which produces a visibly different result (many fewer pages).

If you can reproduce the bug, please reply with a minimal working example of it.

Paul