On 7/27/19 2:32 AM, Marius Shekow wrote:
Hi again,

I forgot to mention that you also need to set custom page margins. An
example file is attached.

Best regards!

Am 26.07.2019 um 20:14 schrieb Marius Shekow:
Hi,

I've noticed that the recent Lyx versions (2.3.x) generate a PDF that
is of "US Letter" size, even though I've explicitly set up A4 in the
document settings (Page Layout -> Format). This happens once I enable
Hyperref support in the document settings.

As suggested in
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/356545/why-does-the-hyperref-package-change-the-paper-size
it seems that adding "a4paper" as custom option to the documentclass
seems to work. This is extreme expert knowledge that you should not
expect your users to have. When a normal/novice user sets up A4, then
the generated PDF should be A4 (and the same goes for any other page
format).

Is this something that you could fix?

Best regards!
Marius

Please bottom post in messages to the forum.

I can confirm your example compiles to US letter when it should compile to A4, but the trigger mechanism is more complex than hyperref + custom margins + A4 paper size. It only seems to happen with the Memoir class. I tried the basic book class, the AMS book class and also the basic article class, and they all compiled to A4.

I don't have any experience with book classes, so I do not know the peculiarities of the Memoir class. I suspect this is problem with how Memoir reacts to certain combinations of things, rather than a LyX bug. Perhaps an experience Memoir user can weigh in.

Paul