On 2019-08-16 07:18, Anders Ekberg wrote:

On 2019Aug15, at 22:16, Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de> wrote:

On 2019-08-14 20:23, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
On 8/14/19 7:35 AM, Dr Eberhard Lisse wrote:
Me three :-)-O

el

On 14/08/2019 07:15, Daniel wrote:
Hi,

I just discovered the new feature to edit the preamble externally.
However, I couldn't find where to set the editor for this of any
documentation about it.  On MacOS it opens XCode which asks me to
install additional application or Quit.  This renders the function
pretty useless for me.  I have set a different application as default
for TeX files but LyX seems ignore this.  How can I make LyX open my
favorite editor?

Best,
Daniel

Tools > Preferences > File Formats > LaTeX (plain) > Editor.

Paul

Thanks. So, I take it, there is no documentation of this.

Next, question: how do I set a Custom editor then? I tried "/Applications/texmaker.app"
but nothing happens though "open /Applications/texmaker.app" in the terminal works just
fine.

Daniel

Following Paul's response, I chose Custom and entered notepad++ (my preferred text
editor) in the adjacent window. I've included C:\Program Files\Notepad++ (preceded
and followed by semicolons) in the path string at Tools > Settings > Paths. It
works (at least in windows).
Andrew
Thanks for checking. Might be a macos bug then.

Daniel
Tried to get it to work on MacOS (with BBEdit, but didn’t succeed. I think what
I get wrong is what to put in the path (tried bot Application and into the
BBEdit package) and what to put in the command.

Anders

Thanks for testing. This function seems not to be working correctly under MacOS. Report filed at

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11641

Daniel