* Andre Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2001-04-25 22:31 +0200:
> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2001-04-25 11:37 +0200:
> > 1. The linebreaks within words at the TOC look ugly. How can I prevent
> > these linebreaks in the TOC?
> > I tried
> >
> >      \mbox{ bla bla .....bla}
> >
> > but then, there wasnīt any linebreak at all and the line in the TOC left
> > the right margin. The section line looks
> > quite OK in the normal text, so I donīt want to do a linebreak in the
> > section line, causing the TOC-line to behave the same.
>
> The "\samepage" LaTeX command works, to be found for example in Kopka
> (1994: 1: ch. 3.5.5.5, p. 43 f.).
>
> I'm not at home and don't remember exactly how/where to use it. If
> anybody is interested I'll look it up this evening.

Oh, sorry, I made a mistake. The code I had in mind is to prevent
*page*breaks within TOC items.

\chapter{\samepage YOUR LONG LONG TITLE}

To answer your actual question, do not put whole lines into the
\mbox-Command. Put each offending/not-to-break word into its own \mbox.

Andre Berger                                [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

PGP signature