Am 24.03.20 um 19:08 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 09:43:00AM +0100, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
Thanks all for suggestions.
The file did compile in 2015.
I tried to remove parts of the original.
It turned out that a nomenclature lead to the error

As we figured out in background, the problem is using ligature 'fl'
as one character instead of normally using two characters. Replacing
them fixes the problem.

Attached is minimal example.

I was not capable to have lyx segfault because of it.

Question, I guess either for Juergen or Guenter, is whether
we should know unicode inside nomenclature and should be fixing
this issue or this kind of use should not be supported.
 From the users point of view we don't report any useful error.

Pavel

Pavel, I ran your mwe-lyx and got
LyX: Software exception Detected
LyX has caught an exception, it will now attempt to save all unsaved documents and exit.
Exception: std::exception

Did I understand you correctly, that you did not receive this message?

I am using Debian bullseye and Lyx 2.3.3
Should I upgrade to 2.3.4?
Wolfgang