I'm using LyX version 1.1.6Fix1.

I have a master document that includes three files (I've tried both Article
and Book class to see if it made a difference: it didn't).  The includes are
preceeded by a title, author and TOC.  All of the include files are Article
class LyX files.

In the master document, I execute View->PDF.  The PDF file is compiled and
displayed.  Everything is fine, the table of contents is generated, etc.

Then I go ahead and load the 2nd include file, edit it, and save the file.
Do the same with the 3rd include file.

not updated.  The changes made to the 2nd and 3rd documents aren't included.

This was where I experimented with changing between article and book class on
the master document to see if it made a difference: it didn't.  The updated
files weren't compiled into the PDF file.

I should also note here, that all of the files are in the same directory.
And the directory doesn't have an spaces in the path: ~/gdb/LinuxDesktop

At this point I decided that may I needed to force an update to the PDF file.
 So, I went ahead and executed View->Update->PDF, then tried View->PDF.  Same
result, the PDF file wasn't updated with the include file.

Now, on a whim, I switched the includes to inputs, then saved the master and
did a View->PDF again.  This time the output PDF file *was* updated.  So, I
switched the inputs back to includes and again executed View->PDF, and again
the output PDF file was actually updated (and is different from the input
version because of the page breaks...).

What is going on here?

(I have to mention an irony here...  The third document in this set is an
article about LyX!)

--
George J. De Bruin
Check Out 0l0rin's New Age compositions at http://mp3.com/0l0rin