Am 18.07.21 um 13:54 schrieb Andreas Plihal:
I set the index processor to standard in the document settings. (There is still makeindex in the tools - there is no standard there. Why do you define that in two places ???)

It is a limitation of the current yX version that you can not choose
xindex as _program_

As a result (unfortunately) my default setting - which Jürgen Spitzmüller advised me some time ago - has become ineffective. Now I get - after several indexless attempts! - finally my "Sachregister" again. But the sorting is completely wrong. All umlauts are output at the end. This does not correspond to the Duden regulations!

This is not possible with xindex, so I do not know what you are doing ...
xindex sorts by default Ö->O but with
xindex --config DIN2
it sorts with Ö->Oe

Herbert