On 10/21/21 4:29 PM, Hisham Yacob wrote:

Hi everyone,

How do I go about compressing the horizontal spacing (highlighted in yellow, in case it's unclear what I'm trying to ask here) between author and year, both in individual references and grouped references like in the third line.

The spacing between Adam and (2020) seems like there's double spacing, instead of a single space. Also, when referencing multiple papers, I want the comma to hug the name. i.e. I want it to be:

NAME, YEAR instead of

NAME , YEAR which is what it's doing right now.

I tried tweaking the preamble and options but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm using Style format "Natbib(BibTeX)", variant "Author-year" and Biblio style "plainnat"

I hope I’ve been sufficient clear with my question.

Thanks!

Regards,

Hisham

Can you post a minimal example (LyX file plus .bib file if you are using an external bibliographic database)? That would help us suss out what is going on.

Paul