On 10/21/21 5:39 PM, Hisham Yacob wrote:

Hi all,

I don’t know why I didn’t think to include the lyx file in the email (since my original post was on the LyX subreddit, which was why I used pictures instead). Anyway, attached is an example lyx file.

Thanks you.

Regards,

Hisham

*From: *Paul A. Rubin <mailto:parubi...@gmail.com>
*Sent: *Thursday, 21 October 2021 5:07 pm
*To: *lyx-users@lists.lyx.org <mailto:lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
*Subject: *Re: Need Help Reducing Horizontal Distance/Spacing between Author & Year in citations

On 10/21/21 4:29 PM, Hisham Yacob wrote:

    Hi everyone,

    How do I go about compressing the horizontal spacing (highlighted
    in yellow, in case it's unclear what I'm trying to ask here)
    between author and year, both in individual references and grouped
    references like in the third line.

    The spacing between Adam and (2020) seems like there's double
    spacing, instead of a single space. Also, when referencing
    multiple papers, I want the comma to hug the name. i.e. I want it
    to be:

    NAME, YEAR instead of

    NAME , YEAR which is what it's doing right now.

    I tried tweaking the preamble and options but I can't seem to get
    it to work. I'm using Style format "Natbib(BibTeX)", variant
    "Author-year" and Biblio style "plainnat"

    I hope I’ve been sufficient clear with my question.

    Thanks!

    Regards,

    Hisham

Can you post a minimal example (LyX file plus .bib file if you are using an external bibliographic database)? That would help us suss out what is going on.

Paul

Is the attached file what you want? I just removed the space from the label field of each bibliography entry (but left it in the key field).

Paul