Am 14.12.21 um 21:11 schrieb Scott Kostyshak via lyx-users:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 03:05:41PM -0500, Steve Litt via lyx-users wrote:
Hi all,

Here on the LyX list we use the word MWE to mean the simplest example
that still exhibits the symptom. But MWE stands for Minimum *Working*
Example, and by definition, the file that exhibits the symptom does not
"work". Also, I think I've seen MWE used on various LaTeX venues to
mean the smallest file that works, for a specific feature you want to
incorporate.

Can anyone think of a better name for the tiniest file that exhibits a
symptom?
Indeed it is confusing.

What are your thoughts on "minimal example" ?

Note that we have a Wiki page, although it doesn't address your question:

MWE does _not_ mean a working example in the sense of a correct output.
It means a minimal working one which shows the _problem_.

Herbert