Am 16.12.21 um 22:12 schrieb Virgil Arrington via lyx-users:
Starting with the completely clean files, I added the Microtype package to both and compiled them. As with my first test, I got different results. XeTeX once again produced many more hyphenated lines -- essentially the same as it produced without Microtype -- than did LuaTeX. Neither produced any significant overfull lines at the right margin.

So, it seems as if Microtype behaves differently with XeTeX and LuaTeX -- at least on my system.

Sure, microtype for xetex is not the same as microtype for luatex.

Herbert