Am 05.01.22 um 19:08 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann via lyx-users:

On 05.01.22 18:08, Wolfgang Engelmann via lyx-users wrote:

On 05.01.22 16:59, Paul A. Rubin via lyx-users wrote:
On 1/5/22 8:29 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann via lyx-users wrote:
Can I delete the lyx_tmpdirs in the root /tmp?
I have the impression, that a rerun of lyx uses it, which I do not want.

I run the current development version and all temp files are
deleted by default when closing LyX.

> I have removed the /lyx_tmpbuf folder, but in running lyx again I get an error reading in temporal layout information and
could not open /lyx_tmpbuf ... .tex
Will wait until tomorrow and hope the temporal files are gone.

start LyX and controll the ownership of the temporary directory.
It should be  own by the user.

Herbert