On 07.01.22 18:33, Tobias Hilbricht via lyx-users wrote:
Am Freitag, dem 07.01.2022 um 14:32 +0100 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann
via lyx-users:
If I run the attached lyx file,I get an error:
Missing character: There is no œ (U+009C) in font
[LibertinusSerif-Regular.otf]

show output anyway gives the attached pdf:

nuclear ancient Ca2+
(Na+ /Ca2+ exchanger)
Ca 2+ homeostasis
�Ca2+ dependent kinase

The exported luatex tex file was tested with this bash line
(oneline!,
thanks to people from the Linux User Group Tuebingen)

grep -P "[\xc2\x9c]" A-07-C.tex | grep --color=auto -P
".{0,2}[\xc2\x9c].{0,2}" > A.txt

and tells

%%Package inputenc Error: Unicode character œ (U+009C)
œ$\mathrm{Ca^{2+}}$ dependent kinase

Could someone tell me, why in the first and the second line of the
pdf
file the Ca^2+ is shown correctly, whereas it is only shown correctly
if
I do not (3rd line) put it in mathrm (as done in the 4th line)

I also wonder whether this square/cross in front of the 4th line can
be
searched for under lyx, since it seems to mark extended regular
expressions.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

attached your formulas in a consistent look with mhchem. I called
Libertinus fonts the LyX way via Document -> Settings -> Fonts: Use non
TeX Fonts, then choosing Libertinus fonts in the drop down list.
Libertinus Math is called by \setmathfont{Libertinus Math} in the LyX
preamble.
The error message is the result of the symbol set in front of the line

œ$\mathrm{Ca^{2+}}$ dependent kinase

Have you put this symbol just before the first $ on purpose? If so,
what is it supposed to be?

Yours
Tobias

Thanks for the example file. In my case after ctrl m and inserting \ce it does not turn blue, but if I leaf it, I have the blue box in which I can insert the chemical formulas - and, of course, Ca^{2+}
Wolfgang