My lyx document is a book with chapters in a master document.  I add computer program listings, from files in other folders, with Insert->File->Child Document->Program Listing.  This works well for me.

The numbering of the program listings is 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. where the 2 is the chapter and the number after the dot is a counter that keeps incrementing after a new listing is added.  I would like to change this so the numbering is Chapter.Section.Counter e.g. 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3  where these are listings in chapter 2, section 2.

How do I do this?  Please point me to a package that will help me implement this.

Thank you,
Joe