Hmm, a bit more complicated than I thought.  I really want the cross
reference to the slide number, which is indicated in the footer.
When I put \section, I get an un-numbered slide so page numbers and slide
numbers are not the same.
Weirdly, I put in 3 labels and 3 cross references to them.  They all look
the same format (even in the LaTeX code).  For some reason I can't see, 2
of them did give me a cross reference corresponding to the slide number, as
I want, but the 3rd gave me what seems to be the page number (which is 4
greater than the slide number) because I have 4 \sections before this.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 2:21 PM Paul A. Rubin via lyx-users <
lyx-users@lists.lyx.org> wrote:

> On 3/30/22 13:56, Neal Becker via lyx-users wrote:
> > Can I make a reference to a page number in a beamer document?  How?
> >

> When you say "beamer document", do you mean a Beamer slide show or a
> Beamer article class document?
>
> For a slide show, you can put the cursor in either the title or body of
> the frame to be referenced and use Insert > Label... to insert a label.
> Then, where the page number should appear, use Insert >
> Cross-Reference..., pick the label of the target frame, and set the
> "Reference Format:" box to one of the three options that contains "<page>".
>

> --

*Those who don't understand recursion are doomed to repeat it*