Am 16.04.2022 um 01:52 schrieb gelfand <gelf...@purdue.edu>:

> Just upgraded (from Mohave!) and when attempt to open any LyX 2.2 and earlier
> get lyx2lyx script failed to convert. Also when attempt to reconfigure get
> system reconfiguration failed.
>
> Did see the warning message when first launching LyX that in future OS
> versions the application will no longer run and should be updated.
>
> Running LyX 2.3.6.2 on Intel Mac with OS 12.3.1

Apple finally removed Python 2 in macOS 12.3 - sorry for LyX not being
prepared. At the time LyX 2.3.6.2 was built it was announced already but not
sure when it happens.

Now you have to install Python yourself. You may download it from python.org
(https://www.python.org/downloads/macos/). Alternatively you may run python in
a terminal window and choose to install it from Apple. I recommend the first
option.

BR, Stephan