When I export a lyx file to pdf, the tex output files (.aux, .lof, .synctex
etc. as well as the pdf) are all located not in the project’s directory but in
“/private/var/folders/vw/ry_x0fbs7rb3qz7v3_cmb_4h0000gn/T/lyx_tmpdir.ndQoOCZFjkaB/lyx_tmpbuf0/”
 on my macOS.

1. What is the reason that LyX developers decided to put those files there and
not in the “intuitive” place - the project’s root directory?
2. And how can I change it to export the files to the project’s directory?

This answer:https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/126747 says that one can achieve
that by changing the preferences, but is there another way to do it? A less,
“techy” way?