Am 27.07.22 um 16:34 schrieb Kornel Benko:
Am Wed, 27 Jul 2022 16:16:46 +0200
schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de>:

Am 27.07.22 um 16:12 schrieb Kornel Benko:
Am Wed, 27 Jul 2022 16:09:54 +0200
schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de>:
Am 27.07.22 um 16:04 schrieb Kornel Benko:
Am Wed, 27 Jul 2022 15:48:16 +0200
schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de>:
I worked today on a document and tried to export is as pdf (Lua-TeX).
I got this message:

The external program
lualatex
finished with an error. It is recommended you fix the cause of the
external program's error (check the logs).

So I went back to the version of yesterday, in which the export worked.

However, I get the same error.

Very strange!

Where do I find the log file?

The log-file is in the lyx-temp-directory (this changes with each session, so
do not
exit lyx)

Use
        Document->LaTeX Log->Open Containing Directory
from within LyX. You should get some file manager open this dir.
I use

Version 2.4.0dev (not released yet)
Built from git commit hash 53ed3dc0
Qt Version (run-time): 5.15.2 on platform xcb
Qt Version (compile-time): 5.15.2
Python detected: python3 -tt

Wolfgang

        Kornel

Thanks, Kornel, but Document->LaTeX Log
is greyed out
Wolfgang

You have to Export (or View) first.

        Kornel

Yes, I did export or view. In both cases I get immediately

The external program
pdflatex
finished with an error. It is recommended you fix the cause of the
external program's error (check the logs).

You can try to use different latex executable.
Also maybe your path to working latex execs is wrong.
In any case, you could use option '-dbg files' to get a hint about used dirs.

(Search for 'Temporary file ` something ' created'
  there should be a directory 'lyx_tmpbuf0', this is what we are after)

        Kornel

In /tmp/lyx_tmpdir.iglaCqHuYdHi
are
/lyx_tmpbuf2
 containing A-SP-Jul26.tex
with tex stuff

and A-SP-Jul26.tex.dep-pdf
with this content:
2038071327 1658933632 /tmp/lyx_tmpdir.iglaCqHuYdHi/lyx_tmpbuf2/A-SP-Jul26.tex
and
lyxsocket

There is no log file

Wolfgang