> On 6 Feb 2023, at 15:20, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> Le 06/02/2023 à 14:19, Anders Ekberg via lyx-users a écrit :
>> Here is where it differs. More digging shows it to be a problem in
>> reconfiguration. Did a reconfiguration from the Terminal. Now it opens, but
>> wants to reconfigure, but fails. Doing the big dig now and reinstall MacTeX…
>
> Do you have a working python3 installed?

Yes, but I think for some reason it wasn’t found (even though "which python"
indicated anaconda’s python3). Bit after installing from python.org and
reinstalling Anaconda twice it now works as it should. Unfortunately I am not
quite sure what was wrong. There were a Terminal message that I did not use the
default shell that perhaps could be related. But I am not really sure. Still,
thanks for all the help!