On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 10:44 PM Richard Kimberly Heck
<rikih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/25/23 15:22, Yotam Ohad wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I usually write in Hebrew on Lyx, and when I create a math environment
> > with `ctrl+m` I need to manually change the language to english.
> >
> > I tried looking for how to add something like this and saw that there
> > are custom insets I can add. But I couldn't find how to actually do it
> > (only how the syntax of the definition of the custom inset should be)
>
> I'm not sure what you want to add. Do you want a special inset that will
> automatically change to English?
>
> One thing you can do is set up a shortcut to do the language change.
> That would at least save fussing with the mouse.
>
> Riki
>
> PS Posting to this list is restricted to subscribers, to fight spam. I
> manually accpeted your post, but you may want to subscribe before
> posting again.

I suggest using keyboard mapping, I think this is disabled inside math insets.
Go to Tools->Preferences->Editing->Keyboard/Mouse, check the
"use keyboard map" box, then write in the primary field null, and in the
secondary field hebrew.

Now when you write outside of math insets it should be in Hebrew,
even if your keyboard is in english (so you won't have to switch).

But how will you be able to write in english? as Riki suggested, create
a shortcut to switch between the languages. To do so, go to
Tools->Preferences->Editing->Shortcuts, press on New, in the Function
field write (without the quotation marks) "language hebrew", and in the
shortcut field, well, press the keys you want for the short cut.

Regards,
Udi