On 19 Jul 2023, at 11:18, lyx-users-requ...@lists.lyx.org wrote:

> I wonder whether using Tufte Book class is a good idea. It does not
> compile here with TeXLive 2023 due to a bug which is known for quite
> some time, but there is no visible maintenance (last revision of the
> class 2015).  By contrast, revisions of the standard book class and
> memoir.cls in TeXLive 2023 are end of 2022 and scrbook.cls is 2023.
>
> Tobias

Scary! On my M1 and M2 Macs, with up to date system software and LyX 2.3.7,
TeXLive 2023 and the Tufte Book class get along well. Should I expect trouble
down the road?

And if Adobe kills T1, will I still be able to compile using the ettb font
files I have locally? Sorry for these tech-unsavvy questions, I’m just a simple
philosopher.

RH