Le 14/11/2023 à 23:48, Tim Garrett a écrit :
Thank you Stephan for the input.

No spellcheck on the fly doesn’t change matters.

I’m using MacOS 12.4

I’m somewhat wondering if it’s possible to simply revert to an older form of LyX. My needs and expectations are not that high. Thought kLyX 0.12 was a life-changing miracle back in 2000.

I am not sure whether the issue is the form of LyX or some program on your machine that interferes with LyX. Did you try running with activity monitor to see whether another process eats CPU cycles at the time where LyX is sluggish?

Otherwise, to diagnose this you would need to
1/ get a binary with debug information from stephan (I do not know how easy it is for him)
2/ install xcode (I do not know how easy it is for you)
3/ run LyX together with the profiler "Instruments"
4/ send the output back to the list.

Another solution is to export your file(s) to an ancient LyX format and use this ancient version that is presumably faster, if this is your wish.

JMarc