Here is a mwe of the New PX problem.

--
*Those who don't understand recursion are doomed to repeat it*
%% LyX 2.4.0~RC1 created this file.  For more info, see https://www.lyx.org/.

\makeatletter
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.
%\pdfoptionpdfminorversion=7
%\usepackage{cite}
%\usepackage{hyperref}
%\usepackage{url}
\usepackage{flushend}
%\usepackage{unicode-math}
%\setmathfont{Cambria Math}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{newpxtext,newpxmath}

\makeatother

\usepackage{babel}
\begin{document}
\title{A Very Interesting Title}
\author{\IEEEauthorblockN{Neal Becker\IEEEauthorrefmark{1}}\IEEEauthorblockA{Hughes Network Systems, Germantown MD\\
Email: \IEEEauthorrefmark{1}neal.bec...@hughes.com}}
\maketitle
\begin{abstract}
This abstract is very abstract