Am 14.01.24 um 17:05 schrieb Neal Becker:

On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 2:48 AM Herbert Voss <herbert.v...@fu-berlin.de> wrote:

    Am 13.01.24 um 16:49 schrieb Neal Becker:
    > I have tried kpfonts.  Surprisingly, it also has the same
    problem with
    > authormark misplaced!

    Looks like a bug with the IEEE layout of LyX. Export the
    test-document to
    LaTeX (pdflatex) and run it and it will be okay.

    Herbert

Looks like if I export to pdflatex and run pdflatex it works!
But if I export to lualatex and run lualatex the asterisks are misplaced. Any idea of what is the cause?

It is a bug in IEEEtran which is _not_ configured to run with lualatex.
However, the export from LyX to lualatex is wrong if you have the
LyX-document configured for pdflatex.

For lualatex use this preamble in _LyX_

\usepackage{flushend}

\usepackage{kpfonts-otf}

\DeclareRobustCommand*\IEEEauthorrefmark[1]{\ensuremath{{}^{\ifcase#1\or *\or \dagger\or \ddagger\or%

\mathsection\or \mathparagraph\or \|\or **\or \dagger\dagger

\or \ddagger\ddagger \else\expandafter\romannumeral#1\fi}}}

and also enable the button for "Use non TeX fonts (lualatex/xelatex)

Herbert