On 1/17/24 16:12, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2024, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

Given that 2.3.6-1 is quite old now, one would hope this did not crash is
more recent versions.

Riki,

Until I have a working Slackware64-15.0 host I rely on my -14.2 host.
LyX-2.3.6.1 has worked since it came out. Today it has no issues building
files other than the one, which built without problems a couple of months
ago before today's mods. (And I added those mods to two other files today
and they built with no issues.)

It is possible to anonymize the file. Open the minibuffer and type
"buffer-anonymize". Maybe first save it under a different filename! Does
it still crash?

mwe.lyx (anonymized file) attached. So it the error message box. Clicking on
the OK button kills LyX and removes all open tabs.

I've no idea where to start looking for why adding a bunch of text in this
file causes a crash.

With all the missing images and such, I can't actually compile it. But it doesn't crash in 2.4.0-RC1 when I try to do so, so that's a plus.

Riki