On 3/29/24 10:21, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2024, Rich Shepard wrote:

Found a couple and changed them. Will check this morning if that solves
the problem.

Invoked lyx-2.3.7.1 and opened a document with bibliography. When the
document loaded a message box appeared telling me that lyx couldn't find
biblatex.sty.

However, that style file is present in:
/usr/local/texlive/2024/texmf-dist/tex/latex/biblatex/biblatex.sty

And, in Document -> Settings -> Bibliograpy the processor still says `biber
(not found)'. This still needs fixing.

Where should I look to find why both biber and biblatex are not found?

TIA,

Rich
Rich,

First, try "kpsewhich biblatex.sty" in a terminal to confirm that TeXLive knows where to find it. If the return is empty, there's a setup problem with TeXLive.

Second, try "which biber" in a terminal to confirm that biber is on your system path. If not, you may need to modify your system path (or change how biber is installed).

FWIW, on my system the texlive tree is under /usr/share rather than /usr/local (and kpsewhich finds biblatex.sty) and biber is in /usr/bin (which is of course on my system path).

Paul