On 5/5/24 13:42, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Sun, 5 May 2024, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

the compilation of lyx files is repeatedly interrupted (apparently at
random). A window "LyX: Stop command?" appears. Then you can either stop
or continue compiling. It is not clear to me when and why this
interruption occurs. Its appearance cannot be controlled by me.

It is. Which is why, if you leave your computer, you can find this dialog AND a completed compilation.

Riki,

I've never seen this happen. I run only linux and I see the build process in the status bar at the bottom of the LyX window. The process halts only when
there's an error somewhere.

A curious mind wants to know,

There's a timeout for the compilation process in case something goes wrong and it enters an infinite loop. It's a pretty generous time, though I can't remember what it is, or even where it's set.

Riki