You shouldn´t put this
> \dvi_to_ps_command "dvips -Ppdf"
into .lyxrc
Below you find an extract from my ~/.lyx/preferences file
---snip---
#
# EXPORT SECTION ################
#
\custom_export_command "ps2pdf '$$FName' `basename '$$FName' .ps_tmp`.pdf"

HTH
Stephan
--
Stephan E. Schlierf M.A.
- chief concept & design developer -

                    "Wolfgang

                    Kilian"              To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <w-kilian@web        cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    .de>                 Subject:     Re: Re: thanks and
pstopdf-question

                    05/31/01

                    10:39 AM

Hello

> I noticed the same problem when printing gs6.x generated
> pdf files to
> postscript and non-postscript printers with acrobat reader > in Windows.
> The minus symbols were present on-screen though! No
> problems with
> printing to postscript printers under Linux.

Every system is different. Without the '-Ppdf' the minus symbols were not
present on-screen

> (Converters->Converters), with LyX  1.1.5fix1 this should
> be possible by defining
> \dvi_to_ps_command "dvips -Ppdf"

So is it simply putting this last line into /.lyx/lyxrc?

> With this change, other problems are introduced! For
> example,
> fi character sequences in normal text became a pound
> sterling sign ????
>
> Conclusion: do not use gs_6.x for distributing LyX
> generated (through ps2pdf)  acrobat  documents

Yes I also got this ligature problem (fi, ff). But a friend of mine has
already found the solution.
In the 'config.pdf' file (in my system to be found in
'/var/lib/texmf/dvips/config/') there is the Letter 'G' which has to be
commented out. Then the ligatures come as they should and hopefully no
other problems arise.

Will see if this ps->pdf thing will become transparent some day.

Greetings
                     Wolfgang

Sie surfen im Internet statt im Meer? Selbst schuld!
Auf zum Strand: http://lastminute.de/?PP=1-0-100-105-1