On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 12:16:58PM +0200, Adolfo Pachón wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I want to use sections, subsections names without numbering. With the
> article class, I use the "section*" and "subsection*" stylesheets, but ...
> UPS!!, the TABLE OF CONTENTS don't work.
>
> Only works with sections, subsections, etc  numbered?
> Can I resolv it?

Yep.

Layout -> Document
Click on the _Extra_ tab

Make Section number depth 0 (with Report or Book you need to make it
negative)

You can also adjust the Table of contents depth at this point too.

The "Section number depth" value determines at which level you *stop*
giving your sections numbers (the default for Articles is 3 -- so
Sections have numbers, Sub-Sections and Sub-Sub-Sections...)

The "Table of contents depth" determines at which level you stop putting
headers into the table of contents -- so if you only want Sections and
SubSections in the table of contents, then make the depth 2.

The starred versions (eg Section*) are there to make headings that
aren't "counted" -- they don't have numbers, and they aren't added to
the table of contents.

Kathryn Andersen
Do not underestimate the power of the Force.
--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/      \    |   <http://www.katspace.com>