De> > Are you sure that you didn't have this problem with fix1 ?
De> > I don't see how can this happen.
De>
De> > Maybe you updated latex and this caused the problem ?

St> I don't think it's an update problem, because the problem
St> exists on my system, too.
St>
St> I searched the archive about this problem:
St>
St> Is it possible that it's caused by some optimizing compiling
St> options of gcc as mentioned earlier?
St>
St> If it's so, how can the source made robust to be protected
St> about this "optimizations"?

Is it possible, that Claus Hentschel has fixed this problem
for the windows release? I have found this on
http://www.fh-hannover.de/mbau/tim/hentschel/lyx/index.htm

2001-06-25
New release LyX 1.1.6fix2b with small changes compared to LyX 1.1.6fix2a:
* Fixed problem with missing index using MikTeX.
* Fixed problem with pdf-update after any change in the lyx file.

The last one sounds very interesting!
Can this be aplied to the linux versions?

Marcus

By the way: IMHO www.lyx.org looks *much* better now,
            and is *much* better readable :-) Nice job!!