On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 01:11:42PM +0200, Torbjørn Sund wrote:

> "symbol __vt_3ios has different size in shared object, consider relinking",

then you will need to isntall from source RPM

> If I try to install from the source rpm, the ./install-script runs fine, but
> make soon stops with complaints about "no such file or directory" for the
> following symbols: iosfwd, iostream, streambuf.h, vector, map, iterator,
> utility, set, algorithm. I notice in the INSTALL file something about a need
> for the latest c++ libraries, so I have tried to install whatever new versions
> I could find: glibc, libgcc_s, libc, glibc-devel, glibc-common, libstdc++ and a
> couple of others, but to no avail.

This Mandrake's HUGE stupidity. Astonishingly, libstdc++-devel is on the 2nd CD. That's
the package you need. I don't know why they bother supplying g++ on the 1st CD when
the necessary RPMs are only on the 2nd CD ... *sigh*

But then Mandrake are known for including alpha versions of software in their
distribution ...
and their latest beta includes a kernel which causes FS corruption...

Anyway, get that package, everything should be OK then.

> Any help appreciated. The list server rejected my subscription (obviously it's
> not my day!), so please copy any answer to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

maybe because your From: address is different to this ?

regards
john

--
"If it is "all Greek to you", perhaps a trip to Athens is in order."
        - jjohn, /.