Opps.  OK.

> choose standard as paragraph layout for the table! if you
> want the table printed in bold characters write in ert:
>
> \textbf{ .. your table here ... }
>
> Herbert
>
> --
> http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/

Actually I only want certain entries in the table to be bold.

However, if I try setting the characters in a table cell to bold using:

    layout->character

             or

    ert:  \textbf{entry}

I  do not get the affects I expect.

Is there a way to make a single cell entry of a table bold?

Thanks.

Ralph Boland

Note that I need this for creating a single page document
which has no standard format.  Thus I really want lyx/latex
to do a lot less formatting than usual and allow me to place
things pretty much where I want.  (Easy to do in MS Word)

Is there a latex or lyx document style that allows me to do this
and yet provides features such as math mode and tables?

Thanks again

Ralph Boland