On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 03:38:32PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> Haven't many of you talked of placing figures inside of floats? My figures
> are simply inserted into the text. What is the advantage of placing my
> figures inside floats? Does it enable me to place a heading for the figure
> and a figure number?

What happens if you have a figure whose height is 60% of page, but you
already used %41 percent of the page ?
If you just insert the figure into the text, in the output you will get a
pagebreak in the page, and the figure will appear on the next page.
This is a very ugly, so a better solution is to use floating figures.