Is there a way to make LyX display \over the same way \frac is displayed?

\over displays as red source text, making formulas somewhat unreadable:

1 over 2

instead of:

1
-
2

I can see the point of displaying it differently to let you know it's \over
instead of \frac, but since LyX is not supposed to be 100% WYSIWYG, I think it
should be allowed to display \over and \frac the same, just so they are both
readable.

To fix it, I wrote a Perl script to change all of my \over's to \frac's.

Also, how do I handle large tables with LyX?

I have a large full-page table with many math forumlas in it, and if the zoom
is set to anything larger than about 80%, the table is too wide to fit in the
window. LyX doesn't handle it well if I try to resize the window so that the
table fits entirely inside it. And when the number of rows is large, LyX
sometimes jumps back to the beginning of the document when I try to move the
cursor up and down the table. This is true even if I put a page break before
the table.

Trying to change things like justification and alignment inside table cells
does not usually show the changes immediately, and sometimes it crashes LyX
(the emergency file works, though). I'm not expecting 100% WYSIWYG or anything
close (in fact, I prefer LyX's structural orientation to WYSIWYG editors which
remember every space you type), but if LyX can display things like indentation
and alignment in table cells correctly at all, it should display them as soon
as changes are made, which it doesn't seem to do.

I gave up editing the tables under LyX, and hand-edited the source code
directly, with much better results.

(I am using 1.1.6fix3 on RH 7.0 Linux.)

Thanks,

Lee